Tonic – Covid-19 Policies effective from 19th July 2021
Reception Area & Face Coverings
- A small section of our reception area will be reopened, but seated space will be limited. Please only arrive approx. 5 minutes before your appointment to help us avoid over-crowding in the reception area. We politely ask you arrive alone for your appointment where possible as space for friends/family to wait are limited.
- Making appointments, voucher purchasing and product purchasing can be carried out in salon, but for your convenience and during busy times we may ask you to do this in the following ways: Over the phone 01242 260425, via email firstname.lastname@example.org or via our website www.tonic-cheltenham.com
- Where possible, we have ensured that social distancing of 1+m is still in place. Whilst moving around the salon staff and clients are politely requested to be mindful of the space you occupy and follow signage accordingly.
- We are aware that it is no longer a legal requirement to wear a face covering/mask when in spaces such as ours. However, for the safety and comfort of our staff and clients we kindly request that when booking an appointment at Tonic you understand we are requesting the following of all clients (unless medically exempt):
- A face mask is worn whilst receiving ALL services. On entry, exit and moving around the salon, we strongly recommend you wear a facemask, but ultimately we respect this will be your decision.
- Staff will continue to wear medical grade face masks at all times and in all areas of the salon. This is to protect themselves and ensure comfort and protection for all our clients.
- You will be sent a Covid-19 pre-screening questionnaire 24 hours prior to your appointment. We request you fill this in and if you are experiencing any of the following, you must NOT come in to the salon
- Symptoms of Covid-19 including a temperature, a new continuous cough, or a change or loss to your sense of smell or taste
- Are generally feeling unwell
- You have been contacted by track and trace, have received a positive Covid-19 result or need to self isolate.
- You have arrived in England from certain countries abroad
Treatments and Treatment Rooms
Enhanced Hygiene Procedures will remain in place
- We have added additional time after every treatment to allow the team to fully clean the treatment area and communal areas that have been used. Tools will be thoroughly disinfected after use and stored in sterile conditions between use.
- Therapists will be wearing nitrile gloves for all treatments, apart from massage. These will be changed after every treatment. Hands will be washed before and after all treatments.
- Therapists will be wearing face masks whilst performing all treatments, working on reception and moving around the salon.
- There are also tissues and hand sanitizer available in each treatment room and at each station for your use. If you sneeze/cough please use a tissue and bin the tissue immediately, then use hand sanitizer afterwards.
- We will keep using single use towels for EVERY treatment. The towels are produced by a brand called Scrummi and are fully biodegradable and proven to degrade between 8 – 12 weeks.
- Toilet – Our toilet will remain open, but please ensure after use, you have notified a member of staff. Between each use we will perform a full clean of the bathroom facilities; letting us know you have used our facilities will enable us to maintain rigorous hygiene standards.
- We are asking as many people as possible to pay by card for their treatments rather than cash. If cash is your only means of payment then we will accept it, but to reduce infection risk card is preferable.
Thank you so much for taking the time to read this document. I hope you understand these
procedures are here to keep you and our staff members safe. If you have any questions, please do
get in touch via email email@example.com or phone 01242 260425.